Monday, March 31, 2014

Lots of Goodbyes...

Well, I'm getting transferred this week! It's definitely sad, but I have to remind myself there's still a lot of happy things ahead. I'll find out Tuesday at transfer meeting where my new area is and who my companion is.  Ooooohhhhh, I FIT EVERYTHING IN MY SUITCASES AGAIN! :D  I have this quote from Peter Pan running through my head. "Don't say goodbye, because goodbye means going away, and going away means forgetting."

Ohhh my goodness. Sister M  just stopped by to say good bye. :'(  I'm going to miss her and the ward so much!! AND, guess what? She brought both of us lunch <3 Ahhhh. My heart is just so full. I think I understand Heavenly Father's love just a little better after being a missionary because I have seen the sacrifice and service of so many ward members. Honestly, I just want to take each of them aside and tell them how great they are specifically, especially D.  She's not a super big people person, but is just really charitable. I feel like she's blessed my life a lot these past several months. Gahhh. So sad. I feel so blessed to have been able so serve as long as I did in Corbin. I will miss all the wonderful people here a LOT!

Last photo in the Foothills District

This week has been pretty good. We did some service and tore up some laminate flooring for a member. We also did some tracting and had a church tour with our investigator T. It went really well and afterwards he wanted to walk through the church again. I think sometimes it's easy to forget that churches really are sacred edifices and that there is a special spirit there. T came to church Sunday. I think he got a lot out of it. It was a BIG step for him to come to church and even though it's taken a long time to get him to this point, I think he'll progress really well from here.

Also, we challenged our homeless investigator C to read a chapter from The Book of Mormon each day. After only 3 days of reading, he was blessed with a job!! It's really neat to see how God really does immediately bless us when we keep the commandments. He humbles us for sure, but only wants our ultimate and lasting happiness.


E fist-pumped during our prayer last night when Sis S said something about church. It was pretty great. He's so enthusiastic and is excited to get the Priesthood! Bishop told him to read D&C 88. I don't even understand that section. He goes, "I've read it 4 times and still don't know!" We read a few verses with him the other day and I tried explaining one, but misinterpreted it. Sister S pointed out it was about the earth receiving it's paradisaical glory. Blahhh! He is sooo on fire though. And he just glows. :)


I feel like I have gotten a boat load of educational/marriage advice since I've been a missionary. And  I also have learned some really great and really random things. And I have a list of questions I want to ask an apostle if I ever get the chance.

Also, fun fact of the day, guess how many glasses of milk I've had since the beginning of this year? Like 2. We only ever buy almond milk anymore. (Thanks Aunt Julie!!)
Hope everyone has a great week! :)

Love,
Sister Ashlyn Galloway

No comments:

Post a Comment