Monday, April 7, 2014

J-Town, Kentucky

This week, things completely changed! I got transferred from Corbin to downtown Louisville! I am in Jeffersontown, more commonly called "J-town."  It is pretty opposite of what Corbin was like, but I love it! There are a lot more variety of people/cultures in this area. I also am on a bike now, which is really different. It is a blast though and I hope to be on one the rest of my mission. I really love being on a bike, even though I probably look super dorky in my helmet. I feel super legit and just so much more satisfied at the end of the day.  Except there are no sidewalks along the main roads and actually a lot of construction and cones and gutters and potholes and other things that aren't very "Ashlyn-friendly." Oh, and we also ride the bus 2 or 3 times a week, which was terrifying for me to find out (as I'm sure you can imagine).{Ashlyn is refering to a bad experience she had in Salt Lake with public transportation!!} But riding the bus isn't that bad when 1.) it's daylight 2.) you have a bus pass 3.) your comp knows how to do it. I actually kind of enjoy that too.. :) Oh! And my new comp is Sister B. from my MTC District. :D She's great and we get a long really well!!!
Sister B and Me! We were in the MTC together.

If you want my new address, please contact my mom.


 All of conference was great and I don't know if it's just because I'm a missionary, but I think every conference gets more and more exciting. I loved all the talks; I can't even name a favorite. I did like how they talked about members studying more from PMG. Before my mission, I had a hard time studying it, but it really is so full of promises and tools for everyone. It was just really, really great. Also, whenever the Apostles talked about Gilbert Arizona Youth Cultural Celebration, I also cheered obnoxiously and announced that my sisters were in that. :) haha!!
I really L O V E D conference.
Sister B, a member in KY, took this picture at Transfer Meeting.
We are teaching some really great investigators and hope to baptize this transfer!! Conference was great and our investigators who came got a lot out of it. We were a little nervous because one of them, R, was at the session where they talked about baptisms for the dead, but he said it was a beautiful concept. We ended up having a really great lesson with him about the Gospel.

Well, I hope you all have a great week!!!!
Love,
Sister Galloway

No comments:

Post a Comment