Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Lots of knocking!!

Hello!
Today’s my 5 month “birthday” which is crazy because it seems like it’s only been a month! I feel like I’m just barely figuring everything out, but I guess it’s good that I’ve been able to have so many opportunities to learn and grow. 

This week we spent a lot of time finding, which is always an adventure! We did a lot of tracting and contacting. We met some wonderful people. One of the things I love about being a missionary is that you get to meet so many different people and hear about their lives and challenges. I love that the Gospel is so universal, that even though I haven’t been through half of what many people have, I can offer them something so precious.
Some other things happening in my missionary life:
-I bought boiled peanuts to eat...YUM!! Jealous??!!
-We have Zone conference tomorrow, so we got our oil changed today.
-It is really snowy today!


Yesterday, we went on a blitz with the Sister Training Leaders and it was really fun to work with them. We talked to a man who had had a heart attack recently and it completely changed his perspective on life. He was so downtrodden and discouraged. He wondered why there was so much evil and suffering in the world. It was a really spiritual experience and we read parts of Alma 32 to him and bore testimony to him.

Have a wonderful week!!
Sister Galloway

Quote of the week:
Us: “Hello ma’am! May we offer a prayer with you today?”
Lady: “We’re Christians. We don’t want to do that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment