Monday, February 9, 2015

1 Nephi 3:7

GUESS WHAT? GUESS WHAT? GUESS WHAT?

Miracles are everywhere! We have seen some amazing blessings this week in the lives of our investigators. 

I have truly gained a testimony that the commandments are here to make us happy and that Heavenly Father never gives us a commandment without providing a way for us to accomplish it.

One of the biggest miracles this week is D. As I mentioned a few weeks ago, she had a baptismal date for Feb. 14th, and was going to get married. We were sooo excited. BUT THEN, Satan got in the way and her boyfriend decided he didn't want to get married anymore. She was super sad and we were too. She wanted to find a job and earn money to move out, but honestly, she probably won't be able to get a job until this summer, let alone in a week. We prayed really hard for her and I was really confused because I didn't understand why things weren't working out. I knew that Heavenly Father could work a miracle, but it didn't look like that was going to happen. The chances of things working out were pretty much slim to none. I thought of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in the Old Testament and how they had faith that if it was God's will, he could work a miracle and save their lives from the fiery furnace. However, they also had faith that if He didn't chose to work a miracle in their behalf, that they would still follow through in obeying his commandments and would submit to His will. (Daniel 3:17-18)

We decided to not reset her baptismal date yet and keep praying and exercising faith. We taught her Tuesday night and during the lesson I felt for a moment just how overwhelming Heavenly Father's desire for D's happiness was. It comforted me and helped me know that things would be okay in the long run because He wanted her to be so, so happy and knew how to give her that. Thursday, we got a text from D! She said that her and her boyfriend had talked about it and decided that even though they'd had their ups and downs they wanted to get married! AND, she wants to get married this week so she can be baptized on the 14th!!! We made about a million last-minute phone calls, and she is getting married at the church tonight at 6:30. She is so excited!! Even though her son was SUPER nervous about it, he said that he would baptize her!! And she was so happy. It has been just amazing to see her grow in the Gospel and see how Heavenly Father will move mountains for us if we exercise faith and are obedient.

Also, Linda is getting baptized this Saturday as well!! She has a glow in her eyes that is beautiful. :) She loves church so much! I don't think I've ever met a lady who loves church so much!! She also wasn’t sure if she was going to be baptized because she has a trache in her throat. However, she is ordering a plug and is so excited for Saturday!

Monday night we taught J and M. It was good, except we were late because there was a cow standing in the middle of the road on the way to their house. But we made it!

Tuesday we went with Sister W to teach one of her friends. It was a good lesson as well. Sister W gave us a cupcake and it was the best cupcake I have ever had in my life. (I thought this was an important experience from my week that I needed to mention!!)

The next morning, Sister J, my companion was pretty sick.:( So, she slept all day, and I doused everything in Clorox, read my BOM, got some much needed organizing done and also almost died of boredom. If coming home is anything like that day of boredom, I don't want to come home!! On the plus side, she is feeling much better now!

We also had Zone Conference this week and discussed the role of the Spirit in conversion. The word "understanding" really stuck out to me and I've been thinking a lot about how important it is. We also had Branch Conference this Sunday.

My last zone conference.


I have learned soooo much about faith on my mission. I can't even tell you. And
I was thinking about what I've learned in my areas and if I had to sum it up really  simply I'd say something like this:

Submit to God's will. Love Him. Don't quit.

Well, have a wonderful week!!!

Love always,
Sister Ashlyn Galloway

PS: I found out 2 people I taught earlier on my mission will be in SLC in June to go through the temple. I am so happy! I will HAVE to get there somehow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment