Sunday, January 19, 2014

January 8th Letter

This week has been pretty eventful... Last week I ate (fresh) road kill pig and squirrel (also called "squawk"). I think it was the funniest dinner conversation I've ever heard. 
Here are a few examples:

 -"Remind me to thank Robbie for hitting that pig"

-"Johnny! There's fur on this. I'm going to kill you!"

-"My dad would've killed me if I hit a deer and didn't bring it home."



A few days ago, the temperature dropped into the negatives and we got a few inches of snow. Because of that a bunch of places were closed, including the library. President said that we could email today instead. We also got an unexpected phone call on Saturday and found out that Sister E was going to get transfered. So, my new companion's name is Sister S. We're really similar, and I'm excited for this next transfer! We should finally be seeing a few baptisms :) 
My new companion

Speaking of which, P is doing suuuper well. She could've been baptized this week actually, but when we talked about moving her date up, she said that she wants to keep it the same since she's been inviting her family to it. It was really exciting because she has a son in law who was being a little antagoinistic, but we ran into him at one of her lessons. We were able to teach him about the Book of Mormon and P bore her testimony to him! 
K also has been doing well, although we haven't gotten to see her as much as we would like to. She lives so far away. She's been living the W of W though and has been doing really well with reading! My testimony of The Book of Mormon has grown so very much. I love that book. I know that it is true. There is such a special spirit that accompanies it. It can give us healing, comfort, and spiritual power. It it truly from God and I am so grateful that I have it in my life!!
I hope y'all have a wonderful week!
-Sister Galloway

No comments:

Post a Comment