Thursday, January 22, 2015

Last Transfer!!

Hello!!!

This week has been really good. We have some great things happening in our area right now, and are seeing many blessings!!

Remember my "Starbright" picture? It arrived home in Arizona this week. A gift of the
heart from K!!


This week we taught the W family. We have been praying for the hearts of the other family members to soften to the gospel, and this week one of her sons came to church! He wasn't too excited about it at first, but said that he really enjoyed it and wanted his older brother to come! 

We also taught D the Law of Chastity. She's looking for a job, so that she can move out and make her baptismal date. She's really excited for it and is doing great.

We had FIVE people at church Sunday-yay!!! That included M, who is something else. This is how Sacrament Meeting went:

Speaker: "Wow, there's a lot of people here"

M (yells out): "Pretend we're all dressed like Mickey Mouse!"

Ohhh dear!! Sometimes I feel like being a missionary is like having children you can't control. Hahahaha!! He's awesome though. He has a super strong desire to get baptized and quit smoking.




At the 2014 GKLM Christmas Conference



We also had transfer calls, and found out Sister J and I are both staying here in S--- together. I can't believe my last 6 weeks is already here!! It doesn't seem real -missions fly by!! I'm not trunky--don't worry. I have tons of work to do here. Things are going great and it's going to be an amazing 6 weeks. All of our investigators are so close to baptism! 

I am so incredibly grateful for the past 17 months. Missions are hard, but they really do allow Heavenly Father to change you in ways that otherwise might take him years. Earlier on my mission, I asked a sister I was working with why she chose to serve. She said "Because I don't pass up once in a lifetime opportunities". Serving a mission really has been a once in a lifetime opportunity that I will always, always be so grateful for. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us. I know that there is power in being "anxiously engaged in a good cause" and I know that nothing we do will stop the work of the Lord -we just have to decide if we will choose to allow ourselves to be a part of it. He has a plan for us individually, and as we seek through prayer and study to know how we can help him, he will lead us. And as we follow those promptings and loose our lives in His service, he will refine us and bless us with so much happiness. 

At our New Year's Eve Bonfire

Me on a typical Kentucky road



Have a wonderful week!!!

Love,
Sister Galloway


Skyping with my family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment