Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Organizing & the Autobody Shop!!

Well, this week -just like last week- has been a little insane!! Monday we spent all day (and almost all night) getting packed, our apartment cleaned and everything ready for the Elders to take over our area. Tuesday was transfers and I left for S, Kentucky, with Sister Jn as my new companion! As a greenie myself once, exact obedience didn't always click. I missed my old life and tried for a bit to be two places at once. It took time for my heart to be completely in my work, but it came with diligence, obedience, prayer and sacrifice. I know this Sister will be a powerful missionary. She is already very bold.  

New Companion


Things here in S have been crazy. The area book here is updated, but it's not very organized. We have had trouble finding direction for our days because our tools aren't great. So, we've spent a lot of time organizing the area into sections as well as organizing the area book and former investigators. My companion has only been out for 6 weeks, neither of us have a GPS, and I haven't really driven in who-knows-how-long, so there have been many adventures this week! And about 303,947,933 U-turns as well! :) But, despite that, we have seen many blessings this week. It really makes you realize how much missionary work is the Lord's work!! 



Last night, for instance, we were driving and decided to turn down this random street and do a little tracting. Finally, it was about time to go and we decided to knock one more door. A girl answered the door, and her grandma invited us right in. We sat down to say a prayer with her and as we talked, she shared with us some of the trials she was having in her life and with her family. The Spirit was very strong and she shared with us that four years ago almost to the day, her grandson was killed. I know that Heavenly Father loves His children and is so acutely aware of each of His children. It was incredible that Heavenly Father led us to her door the night before the anniversary of his death. 



I know that Heavenly Father loves us and that the Atonement has the power to heal us. As we rely on Christ and ask for His help and His strength, He will give it to us.

Driving has been terrible. I love having a car, but let's be honest: I do nothing for women-driver stereotypes. The roads are SO narrow!! They are not like roads out West. There are two lanes, one going one direction and the other going the other direction. And did I mention they are very narrow? AND there are ditches on both sides of the road in most of S. It's terrible. Here is something that I learned this week though: When you turn, you have to wait for there to be no traffic in either direction because the roads are simply too narrow to turn and not go into the ditch. I almost put us in a ditch. Thankfully we didn't. But, I did put a dent in the car :( So we have to get that fixed this week... It's terribly sad. The people at the autobody shop recognized us. :( The last Sister hit a dog last transfer and split the bumper. The roads are crazy and on top of that, I am not excited for winter weather driving. P R A Y for this Arizona girl to be able to drive in snow and rain. :p

Transfer Meeting last week


I hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas, and taking time to not only remember Christ this season, but to show our love for Him by following His example. What things have you done to serve God's children this week??

Love,
Sister Galloway

No comments:

Post a Comment