Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Curveball!!

Well, this week has been a little crazy, to say the least. First off, we had to finish teaching J and then get everything set up for the baptism. That kept us busy. Then, Wednesday at 2:30, we got a phone call from the mission president. I couldn't fathom why he'd be calling. I answered and he told us that our area was going to be closed as of Tuesday, Dec. 9th. It was a sad day and week!! There were a few nights I woke up and was wide awake. I just laid there and thought about things and prayed. One of the Elders gave me a blessing Wednesday and that was really nice.  I am so heartbroken to leave, but I know that this is Heavenly Father's will for us and for the area at this time. The Elders in our branch are taking it over. 




The silver lining, though, is J. H. Looking back, it's amazing to see what a miracle it was that a) we were able to find him and b) that he's getting baptized on the last day of the transfer!! He was our area's first (and last) baptism since it was opened a year ago. Sister J and I sung "When I am Baptized." It was great to see him walking down into the font and think about the first time I met him :)

Happy, Happy Day! 


I know that Heavenly Father has a bigger plan for each of us than we can possibly imagine. He loves us and he looks at what is best for us in the eternal perspective -not just here and now.

Saturday, we got a call and found out where Sister J will be transfering to and I will be follow-up training in S. I met the Sister I will finish up training a couple of weeks ago. On the bright side, we'll both be in cars in our new areas. Yay!!! :) My time is short today because I have to pack and clean everything. 

Love y'all,
Sister Galloway


Note from Jana: Sister E (from Henderson, KY) texted me and told me that she really loved Ashlyn and appreciated her testimony and her inner strength. She said she wanted to get Ash a gift and asked what she liked. As it turned out, I sent her our family's favorite Chocolate chip Cookie recipe. She made them for Ash and delivered them to her right before she was transferred out. 

Ashlyn said, "That was probably the nicest thing any member has done for me on my mission. It was PERFECT!" 

Sister E delivered her favorite cookies to her!!



No comments:

Post a Comment