Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Transfer News

Sorry if this is short. We have lots of cleaning/packing/getting ready to do today!


Autumn with Sister W and me! I love the fall colors.
Tomorrow is transfer meeting and we found out that Sister W is leaving and I am training here in Henderson! This was kind of a surprise since the last time I'd talked to President B, he was considering closing our area. I'm really excited! I'm getting a greenie!!!!! I am so nervous, too. Do you and Dad have any advice for me this next transfer? I would really appreciate your counsel. I fasted for her yesterday because I really don't know what else I can do. In my heart, I know it will be fine. I've been out for awhile; I know I can do this. I've just never done anything like this before. Heck, I've never even been senior comp and now I'm going to train!? It'll be wonderful! There will be a brand new Elder in our branch, too. So, not only is our area staying open, but there will be a brand new Sister Missionary here! Just pray for that poor, poor sister who will be training here this winter on a bike. I am thrilled I will get to see Sister J at Transfer Meeting tomorrow. (She was my trainer who is returning home to Utah this week.) Yes, if I had to describe her in one word, it would be "spiritual." 


So, earlier this week, I was pretty sick with a cough and my eyeball was really red, like I told you last week. But, this week we have seen a lot of blessings. I told Sister W that my family must be praying for me because of all of it. For instance, we normally get 1 member dinner a week from a recent convert and her recently reactivated husband, who feed both sets of missionaries each week! However, this week we had 4 member meals. And then some of the members were worried about me and bought me Tylenol, Claritin, Robitussin and some allergy eye drops! Then one member let me use her phone to send a picture of my eye to our area medical guy. He told me I have uh... "epicileris" (or something that sounded like eucalyptis and celery, combined)!! Don't quite remember the exact name! So, he  called in an eye drop prescription for me that cost a mere $4. It was great. I told Sister W (as I've told other comps in the past) "I can tell when my mom & family is praying for me because I get a ridiculous amount of good food" and lots of medicine too, this time! :) My cough is now much, much better and doesn't hardly bother me. My eyes are looking a lot better, too. {I told Ashlyn that the Lord needed her to be healthy and well this next week for her to train the new Sister Missionary and that is why she was so blessed!}
This week has been good! We have been teaching Brother H, one of our investigators. He is doing very well and it is such a neat experience to watch him progress in the Gospel. He gets so excited about his Book of Mormon reading and I love hearing his insights. He is really feeling the Spirit work in his life.

It's so hard though to explain what a mission is like. During the first few months of my mission, I remember sitting in Sacrament Meeting daydreaming about home. I was thinking about my family, college life, and other terribly trunky things that I should NOT have been thinking about. Back then, my mission was something nice, some thing good, but temporary. But now, it is my life. It is who I am. Choosing to go on a mission was hard, choosing to stay on a mission was a lot harder, but choosing to BE a missionary was the hardest of all. In fact, It's a choice I have to make every day of my mission! 


Truly, the Gospel blesses families and helps us draw closer to each other and closer to Him. It doesn't matter how far away you are from your family, because when you're close to the Lord, you're close to each other. (You should tell H to post that to her Moroni 10:32 Instagram account. That's very quotable!!)
Love y'all!!

-Sister Galloway

No comments:

Post a Comment