Thursday, November 7, 2013

Another week in Paradise

For some reason, I feel like I have learned a lot this past week! Ever since I've gotten to Corbin, I feel like It's (spiritually) been a crescendo. More and more, I am finding myself able to recognize spiritual promptings that I never would have before. I've always associated the spirit with emotion, since it's described as a "feeling" but I have learned that often, The Lord really does work through small and very logical means to accomplish his purposes.

Tuesday, we taught two of our progressing investigators, D and N, who are farmers and trappers. There are about 100 chickens running around everywhere! We talked about The Book of Mormon, and read through the introduction together. They have been pretty consistent with reading, and hopefully we can get them to church next week! Most of our other investigators this week have really taken a downhill turn and haven't kept commitments or appointments very well. So teaching those two was certainly a breath of fresh air.


Wednesday the ward had a fall festival, and Thursday we went in early due to Halloween and watched The Testaments (great movie!). Friday night we drove about 40 minutes to meet the Sister Training Leaders to do an exchange. I was supposed to drive back down to Corbin with Sister R, but due to a series of unfortunate events, Sister R and I just drove there as well and did a blitz instead. It was a neat experience because their area is very different than Corbin; a lot more affluent. And everyone there is Methodist instead of Baptist!
This week we also got in touch with a Professor at a community college, who wants us and the London Elders to give a presentation in his religion class! So that's super exciting, and I'm looking forward to that!



ENDERS GAME IS OUT??? AH AH AH AHHHH. Phew. Ok. I can do this.
So, despite the fact that I am missing an incredibly epic movie and holding kittens and newborns, I truly love being a missionary and wouldn't give it up for any of that. And thanks for your emails, besides making me smile, it was humbling to remember that your family, dad, were Baptists once... whoops! :) It's funny because a lot of things here remind me of the Galloway's. Firstly I was surprised to realize that words like "Papaw" and "britches" were words other southerners used too! But it's similar in other ways as well.

It honestly felt kind of off to leave my area on Saturday to Blitz in Jessamine County. I feel really responsible for the people here, and it makes me sad because I feel like I am not doing as much or as well as I should. But we have been talking a lot about hope, and it's importance, so I am staying positive and trusting in God to help me make the most of my time here, even if it's not "measurable." I love life and I love the Lord.


I decorated the missionary board at church this week. We didn't have very many craft supplies or time and I used mainly brown paper bags but I still think it turned out nice. If I have time I"ll include some pictures! So, unfortunately I don't have a ton of time this week so it may be a short email! But I am happy that everyone decided to send me emails this week!

 Ward Missionary bulletin board


I hope that everyone has a great week!
-Sister Galloway

No comments:

Post a Comment