Sunday, August 4, 2013

Why Serve?

Well, here I am, 16 days before I leave for the Provo MTC, and 12 before I am set apart as a missionary! It's pretty surprising to me how fast time has flown, and I figured before I left, I should post on here about why I'm serving a mission! This is something that I've wanted to do since I was twelve. I remember that around this age was when I first prayed about it, and decided that this was something that I really, really wanted to do if I had the chance. Over the years, my desire has grown and I am so so grateful that the missionary age change has given me this opportunity to serve my Heavenly Father! I think a part of me has always known that this was his plan for me. I do not know everything, but I do know that Heavenly Father has a plan for me and my life. I love him, and I am so happy to be able to serve in Kentucky! When I opened my mission call, I was a little surprised at first -somehow Kentucky was one place that had never really crossed my mind! But I know that it is where he wants me to be. I know that the church is true!! I am looking forward so much to sharing with others what has brought immeasurable peace, happiness and comfort into my life, as described Here.
I hope to hear from everyone throughout my mission (I'll post an address and email a little later!) I'm so excited to serve a mission, to share what I know to be true, and bless others' lives in the way that Christ and his church have blessed mine!! 

Yours,
(Soon to be) Sister Ashlyn Galloway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment